tommyflan

Houzz Advent Calendar: December 1st - Win an Anthropologie Basket!

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

It's that time of year already! With December and Christmas upon us, it's time to go out and get your Advent Calendar! Luckily for you, you won't have to look far - to celebrate the festive season, Houzz UK are hosting their very own Advent Calendar, chock full of some of the very best homeware brands in Britain, and you could be walking away a winner!

Throughout the month we'll be hosting a discussion every day sponsored by a different brand giving away one of their own signature products. All you need to do is comment on a discussion to enter!

To kick off the month in health-conscious style, we’ll be giving away a lovely copper wire fruit bowl courtesy of Anthropologie in Day 1 of our Advent Calendar!

So, to be in with a chance to win an Anthropologie basket, just tell us where you store your fruit, in the comments below. Whether it's in a bowl or in the fridge we want to know! The discussion will run until December 24th.

See our terms and conditions here.

Comments (348)

• Sam
    8 years ago
    On the kitchen worktop at the moment!
  • User
    8 years ago

In the fridge mostly.

• sarkie
    8 years ago

My girlfriend stores my fruit in really fancy bowls all around the house so it is a game of find the cute bowl and then find the fruit.

Usually metal coloured and a bright colour on the inside.

• jeanettefileccia
    8 years ago

in a special ceramic fruit bowl although I keep the bananas seperate

• michellep2k
    8 years ago

Fruit bowl on the kitchen worktop at present.

• giddy2g
    8 years ago

in the fridge

• Jackie Bonner
    8 years ago

I use a an Italian style shallow bowl with hand painted lemons and blue flowers on it, I think a basket would look lovely though.

• evsss
    8 years ago

In my trusted 10 year old £5 wooden Ikea bowl.. super ugly but has lived through countless moves around London

• asalvona
    8 years ago
    I love fruit, I keep mine in various bowls, white ceramic, paper mache , they encourage me to eat more healthily if they look a pealing and if they are visible and in reach !
  • Rach Lp
    8 years ago
    In the metal fruit bowl on the dining table- always hoping to encourage the family to eat more fruit.
  • Rach Lp
    8 years ago
    In the metal fruit bowl on the dining table- always hoping to encourage the family to eat more fruit.
  • Alex Fronce
    8 years ago
    In a beautiful shaped bowl, made of olive tree root, on top of the dining table
  • abigailbusy
    8 years ago
    I store all of my fruit and veg in huge wicker baskets on my kitchen worktop. When they're stored out in the open like that it makes then look so appetising that the kids go straight for the healthy stuff. It also makes meal planning and shopping a breeze.
  • info560
    8 years ago

Berries in the fridge as they dont keep very long out of it but bananas in a wire basket and apples,oranges and grapefruit in another in the conservatory as I hate eating any of these straight from the firdge and they look so appealing and remind me to eat one every day!

• housey101
    8 years ago

Soft fruit in the fridge, all other fruit in a glass fruit bowl.

• Simone
    8 years ago

in my ikea wooden bowl or in the fridge, but have as much as possible out on the kitchen worktop so kids can pick what they want instead of eating rubbish snacks.

• sah66
    8 years ago

I have an old wire fruit bowl which lives in the kitchen.....usually full of oranges!

• teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago

In my great-grandmother's crystal bowl. "Overflow" goes in whatever mixing bowl I have handy. I should probably invest in something more stylish than pyrex, lol.

• Hugh Wright
    8 years ago

in a bag in a cupboard (student life is luxurious).

• L W
    8 years ago

I display my fruit in a bowl on the kitchen table.

• Bessie Lee
    8 years ago

I keep mine on the kitchen counter, an easy to reach place for my two boys. This would allow them to see what fruit was inside though making it easier for them to choose.

• Lou Archell
    8 years ago

A mid-century teak bowl. It would be nice to upgrade!

• PRO
    Interior Designer Anna Wadolowska
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Fruits are great decoration so I expose them in my living room. Also I always have a bowl of fruits in my office.

• Melissa McCafferty
    8 years ago

In a bowl on our dining table!

• gderiu
    8 years ago

I keep mine in a large flat round basket on the dining table ... i keep the bananas separate on the kitchen counter in a wire basket!! LOVE those anthropologie baskets!!

• Aley Young
    8 years ago

I keep my fruit in a metal, 3-tier cake stand. Similar to the photo below:

• SSR
    8 years ago

Glass fruit bowl usually, but this is so much nicer!

• Liv Moore
    8 years ago

I always store my fruit in an ikea box in my bedroom because my flatmates are banana kleptomaniacs.... Not very classy from me, I'm afraid.

• fizb18
    8 years ago

In a quirky bowl I found in a charity shop

• andrew1961
    8 years ago

A wide rattan basket, so it doesn't get squashed, and stays good.

• arzuince
    8 years ago
    In a glass fruit bowl which we inherited from the previous owner of our house. I kept it for nostalgia and it's very useful!
  • Ellie Harding
    8 years ago

On the side as we don't have a fruit bowl currently !

• gavinhilliard
    8 years ago
    A hand carved soapstone bowl from Tanzania
  • Isabel Robson
    8 years ago
    Red ceramic bowl
  • Charlotte
    8 years ago

In a ceramic fruit bowl I made in a pottery class which accidentally turned out my partner's least favourite shade of yellow. He's too nice to say anything but next class I'll be working on my glazing skills...

• Rachel Oakes
    8 years ago

In a wire bowl but nothing as fancy or pretty as this one! Love it

• Clio Bee
    8 years ago
    In the freezer
  • Vicky Jarvis
    8 years ago
    On the kitchen worktop where everyone can just help themselves, downside is it is always empty, they just love fruit
  • Sarah Williams
    8 years ago

The kitchen x

• Gil Nathaniel
    8 years ago

In a big bowl in my kitchen - I'd prefer this one instead though!

• klwinters76
    8 years ago

In a smoked glass bowl which belonged to my husband's late grandmother.

• Sharan Brom
    8 years ago

In a wicker basket

• cnstapleton
    8 years ago
    In the fruit bowl on the kitchen worktop but grapefruit and kiwis in the fridge as I love to eat them cold. Delicious!!!
  • Valerie
    8 years ago

always in our huge ceramic fruit bowl - it's only ever empty when we are about to go on holidays

• Zoe
    8 years ago

In the cupboard as our fruit basket was looking a little worse for wear, so had to go!

• PRO
    Urban Grain
    8 years ago

in a basket on the windowsill... where it generally rots because I never get round to eating any ! x

• Micheala Yelland
    8 years ago

Purple had made pottery bowl that i cycled home for 20 miles with in my pannier when it coaught my miey at the bak well craft show would like to move it to another room so new basket would br great

• paddyart
    8 years ago

Near the kids

• Kel
    8 years ago
    In a cream three tier metal fruit bowl, on the kitchen table.
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the comments and input, it was great to see so many of you get involved! The competition is now closed, and any winners should have received an email from us confirming their prize so get checking.

Happy New Year and here's to the next one!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.