tommyflan

POLL: Pendant lighting - yay or nay?

Tom Flanagan
8 years ago

If you spend any time on Houzz at all, you'll probably be familiar with pendant lighting - from the 'trio of pendants' look to the oversized industrial numbers, they're pretty much everywhere! And yet, for some, it's become a trend that's a little overdone.

So, do you have a penchant for pendants or has your patience run out? Vote below and tell us why!

New England Style Home West Sussex · More Info

Yay!
Nay!
I'm torn!

Comments (63)

• PRO
    Fabulight
    8 years ago

Pendant Lighting are not only functional but can create a real WOW in any room!

• PRO
    The Bulb Co
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

We'd have to say yes to these, but then again we do have a biased opinion! We do find though that pendant lights are still a popular seller as they can be so varied in style and don't just have to be used in a kitchen as they can be used in any room in the home. We have a nice range available, also including some unusual ones such as this one:

2 Ring Pendant Light

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 years ago

It has to be a yay.. and I am glad to see that it is for so many others. They add so much to room in both practical and asthetic looks that it can not really be a nay! Can you imagine a dining table with out one?.. really?

• PRO
    The Lighting House
    7 years ago

Of course we love pendant light - see our range on our website

• PRO
    LuxDeco
    7 years ago

Pendant lighting is a simple and beautiful way to add an interesting touch to a room. They not only serve a practical purpose but also help direct attention to certain details and focuses in a room.

We offer a selection of beautiful pendants ranging at different price points. To see more, visit: https://www.luxdeco.com/accessories/lighting/chandeliers/

LD

• PRO
    Bert & May
    7 years ago

At Bert & May we love pendant lighting. A brilliant way to combine practicality with aesthetic ambience. It's a yay from us!

• PRO
    Litecraft
    7 years ago

We absolutely love pendants, for obvious reasons of course. And the idea of 3 above a kitchen island or a dining table is a great way off adding a point of interest to the room... our Brooklyn 3 Light Pendant offers a different take on the 'trio of pendants'.

What do you think of this design?

• PRO
    Original BTC
    7 years ago

We love pendant lighting. Check out our latest pendant lights https://uk.originalbtc.com

• PRO
    The Kitchen, Bedroom & Furniture Store Ltd
    7 years ago

Love this style lighting.

• PRO
    PennClark interiors
    7 years ago

We love using pendant lights, don't think you have to have them in a line, they can work really well in a cluster of three at different heights!

• PRO
    Winchester Kitchens
    7 years ago

A big yes from us

• PRO
    Pamela Langbridge Curtains and Upholstery
    7 years ago

I love them in the right place. Over benches and tables as long as the ceiling height is right to give a good balance in the room

• PRO
    BM Design London
    7 years ago

Pendants add another layer of lighting to an interior and often sreve to separate the kitchen from the dining area if these are in the same room.

• PRO
    Franklin Signs Ltd.
    7 years ago

we like that alot....what about patterned ones?? let us know what you think of these?

• PRO
    Country Interiors
    7 years ago

A big yes from me, there are so many ways to be creative with pendant lighting !

• PRO
    Panoramics
    7 years ago

Yes from us!

• PRO
    Zurleys
    7 years ago

I love pendant lighting!

• PRO
    Period Property Store
    7 years ago

Yes from us too!

Cool and Contemporary Country Style Kitchen · More Info

Modern Country Kitchen With Industrial Touches · More Info

• PRO
    Buster + Punch
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We find our customers love the classic pendant lights, however we've given it a more modern spin! HOOKED 1.0 / BRASS

B+B DESIGN LAB 'The Townhouse' · More Info

• PRO
    Oxford Lighting & Electrical Solutions
    7 years ago

Pendants are very popular, and there is such a huge range available in so many colours and styles, a big yay from us!

• PRO
    Trade at Houseology
    7 years ago

A big yay from us too!

Check out here these Bestlite large oversize pendant lamp that will make a statement in any interior whether at home or at work!

• PRO
    Sparks Electrical Wholesalers Ltd
    7 years ago

I guess it depends on the height (some rooms have a low ceiling, especially in London) and the size of the room. If there's a large kitchen table, why not have a lovely set of pendants above it to make sure the lighting is focused?

Jive Lime Green Pendant, Conical Nordlux 75403056 23W metal ceiling suspension l · More Info

Joel 270 Black Pendant with White Interior and Chrome Detailing, Astro 7415 Joel · More Info

Globe Pendant with 150mm diam Opal Glass Diffuser, 39553001 Cafe Opal Glass Ball · More Info

• PRO
    The Norwich Architectural Lighting Company Limited
    7 years ago

Pendants are a fantastic way to add a 'wow' feature to any space, my pendant of choice is the Bruck silva!

• Jennifer Shaw
    7 years ago

Another big yes from me. They can make such a difference in a room and there are so many styles to match different tastes!

• Jen Osborne
    7 years ago

Pendants lights have always been around.

• PRO
    Fikissimo
    7 years ago

I like this very much !!!

• PRO
    Shadow Lighting
    7 years ago

yay with the right bulbs

Shadow Lighting · More Info

• PRO
    Ellis Harold Design
    7 years ago

Pendant lighting can make a great statement to any room!

• PRO
    Pure Interiors (South West) Ltd.
    7 years ago

Pendant light really makes the the kitchen look great .

• User
    7 years ago

Industrial Style for Converted Chapel · More Info
    A yay from us too... they seem to balance out the room well in lots of spaces

• PRO
    Lightique
    7 years ago

Pendants are an essential feature which are not only important for light but for creating a unique design feature.

• PRO
    den.interiors
    7 years ago

An opportunity for a great design feature in the kitchen area !

• PRO
    BUYER BAZAAR
    7 years ago

At Emporio arts we absolutely love doing pendant lighting

• User
    7 years ago
    If they fit the space and are beautiful then yes. If they have those awful dangling cables are clumpy, ugly and obtrusive, NO.
  • PRO
    White Rabbit Interiors
    7 years ago

Pendants give a lot of character to the room, so definitely yes.

• PRO
    Lusin Lighting Design
    7 years ago

I use them as art as well as lighting.

• PRO
    Mella Design Ltd
    7 years ago

Pendant lighting as accent pieces often fall short as a functional light souce to find the fish bones! The key factors are the height, control of the lighting and surrounding mood lighting type and position. Remember the colour your light casts on the food will have a significant effect on the vibrancy of the dishes you serve.

• PRO
    HOLLOWAYS OF LUDLOW
    7 years ago

YAY FOR ME - SOFTER LIGHT

• PRO
    AVINU - Home Technology
    7 years ago

Oh yes! We've had customers who we've helped make their own from hats, the obvious kitchen pasta drainers and all manner of other objects using differing bulbs. A great way to introduce some fun, as well as being functional task lighting.

• PRO
    The Strawberry Chair
    7 years ago
    Love industrial pendant lighting.
  • PRO
    Wolf Grey
    7 years ago

I love pendant lights. Origami pendants are a big win with me at the moment!

Don't be afraid to use them in unusual ways!

Maidenhead - Victorian town house · More Info

• PRO
    Mid-Century Online
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We absoutely adore what Niamh Barry is doing with lighting. It doesn't get much better than this. http://www.niamhbarry.com/patera

• Emmeline Westin
    6 years ago

@Mid-Century Online - I'd never seen her work before, but wow!

• PRO
    Tessera Home Interiors
    6 years ago

Yes! There are so many variations of pendants to suit all styles of room, from industrial to elegant.. you will always find something suitable for your space. You can completely change the look of your room by selecting the right light!........ we offer a wide selection of lighting at https://www.tesserahomeinteriors.co.uk/collections/lighting-decorative

• PRO
    Bath Bespoke
    6 years ago

Pendant lighting can look fabulous! We've often introduced it into our kitchen designs:

Blue Modern Kitchen · More Info

• jane_collard
    6 years ago

LOVE the patterned one from Franklin Signs

• PRO
    Kia Designs
    6 years ago

They are lovely, but we find that cluster lighting gives a more organic and interesting look

• Monique
    6 years ago
    It's a YAY from me!! I've just had these copper lights installed to go over an island. I've received compliments from family and friends. We have high ceilings so work for us. However, the electrician placed them too far apart and they need bringing in closer.
  • PRO
    User
    6 years ago
    I have to say I absolutely love them and can't wait to get them in our kitchen over the island once our renos are done
  • PRO
    InConstruction Services Ltd
    6 years ago

We're a big fan of pendant lighting which adds charisma and charm as well as an interesting dynamism to a space - particularly enamoured by the classic kitchen/over an island set up. See one of our favourites from our past projects below:

Hans Rd · More Info

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.