hounoc

Interconnecting rooms and paint colours

hounoc
8 years ago

OK, so we haven't moved into our Victorian terrace yet but I'm already decorating it in my head (because I'm so excited). I'm just wondering though, what it the best idea for interconnecting rooms and wall colours. In my current house, our sitting and dining rooms are not interconnected and both have different feels. I like this as we get to express something a bit different (but hopefully still harmonious) with both rooms. Also, there's the light - one will be south facing and very bright (bay window) and the other will be north-facing. The double doors will be open when we entertain most likely but I'm not sure that I want the rooms to be exact twins. I know that can look nice but I have a vision of a deep velvety blue/ navy chimney breast in the dining room with white walls, ceilings and mouldings/ paintwork elsewhere for the dining room but for the front room with the bright bay I'd like something a bit softer and more relaxed like a misty, yellowy/ greenish grey that will look soft and warm in the sun. Do you think this would be a design no-no?

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.