zzanzzii

Moving dining room table and pendant lighting

zzanzzii

Hi,

Currently working on an extension which includes a new dining room.

I would like to keep table against wall when not in use and then when we are entertaining, would like to move table to center of room space and have a big impact pendant light low over table.

The concept I have is to do have an adjustable height pendant...height shortened to bring closer to ceiling when table not in use and then lowered to be over table when in use.

Just stuck on how to do this in practice! Any ideas welcome :)

Photos of concept ideas attached. Thinking oak table, Eames inspired chairs and possibly light such as attached. Rest of design is white and very neutral colors.

Sort Our Stuff
    Be aware that the dames armchair's arms probably won't push under a dining table. Check table's height and thickness.
  • tomworsley

Sorry - can 't help with your question... but where did you find those lights from?! Looking for something similar myself! Would really appreciate your help! Many thanks