periodesign

Exterior remodelling of a 1970's house, Creative Advice Needed!!!

Siobhan
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I bought a house built in the 1970's because of it's location and price, however it's style isn't ideal. I'm planning to remodel the exterior to look as much like something from the Georgian period as I can.

The house itself has high ceilings, large floor to ceiling windows and herringbone mahogany flooring in the entrance hall. The roof has a high pitch and the interior layout is okay.

Unfortunately the exterior is the typical 2 windows upstairs and and 1 window and a front door on the ground floor to the front of the house.

I would build an extension on the other side of the door to make the house symmetrical. But there is already a single story extension to that side and it's foundations are not strong enough to allow me to build it up to meet the pitch of the roof. (I don't have enough of a budget to strengthen the foundations)

I'll try to upload pictures as soon as I can, If anyone has any ideas please leave a comment thanks!!!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.