houzzukpolls

POLL: Towel bar or towel hooks?

HouzzUK Polls
8 years ago

Do you prefer a towel bar for your towels, or do you prefer to hang them on hooks in your bathroom?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Other - tell us below!

Comments (26)

• kce3
    8 years ago

Hooks are way better! No need to fold or arrange the towel--just hang it up, and a few hours later, check if it's dry. And you can hang 6 towels where maybe two would hang on a bar.

• User
    8 years ago
    I prefer a towel ring. It's the perfect compromise between hooks, that look a bit locker roomy, and rails, that look better but take up a lot of space and need crumple management!
  • Barry Higgs
    8 years ago

I'm with kce3, hooks present more storage capacity and let the towels dry better.

• poppistar
    8 years ago

Freestanding to keep wet towels away from walls if the room is big enough.

• ash4711
    8 years ago

I've got a large airing cupboard in my bathroom and on the inside of the door we have fixed four rails for the towels, so no damp towels.

• Heidi Freeman
    8 years ago
    Hooks are so much easier to use and take up less space.
  • 163 hrd
    8 years ago

i use hooks, and hammam towels that dry very fast.

• Jo Leverett
    8 years ago
    Both. I also find large towels don't dry very well on a hook. The other half finds leaving his on the floor works fine.
  • teenytinyhouse
    8 years ago

Both - towel rail for me and my partner's towels, and hooks for any guests (or dressing gowns) as the towel rail isn't that big!

• k11agl
    8 years ago
    Me too would vote both - I use hooks to hold hand towels and bathrobes, and rail to spread out smaller towels that I use to dry my hair. Rails are good for general laundry drying too, especially if your room is on the moisture-high side.

Does anyone actually use a heated towel rail to put towels? My heated rail always get dusty VERY quickly so I'm never a fan!
  • annetteabroad
    8 years ago

Towel hooks ruin towels and they end up falling off half the time. Rubbish! Rails for me every day.

• PRO
    Sara Levy Designs
    8 years ago

Towel bars are great if you are actually going to fold the towels and hang them properly every time you put the towels away. Otherwise if you get a good hook, the towels should dry faster.

• tinoria
    8 years ago

more drying power from bars. possibly hooks for small hand towels.

• PRO
    e-Hardware
    8 years ago

We prefer the hooks over here but it depends on the space. In small spaces hooks can be too much. annetteabroad has a good point about it ruining the towels though!

• PRO
    User
    8 years ago

Hooks are sure great and so easy to use, while bars need a bit more effort and definitely take more space. Nevertheless bars for me.

• Joe Hurles
    8 years ago

Depends on the room, some designs really suits towel bar, especially when the accessories are intrinsic to the design. Other times you just want to hide things on the back of a door, so both have their place.

• patton_nicola
    8 years ago

What about a radiator with horizontal bars

• southernpointofview
    7 years ago

I like to use old quilt racks rather than towel bar. I found this great old brass one in a boot sale.

• PRO
    Studio180°
    7 years ago

Towel Bars look more organized for large bath towels

• Barry Higgs
    7 years ago

I've had a change of mind since I've had a tall radiator with horizontal tubular bars fitted in my bathroom-it acts as a heated towel rail and looks good too!

• PRO
    space like this
    7 years ago

Hooks are a bit different!

• PRO
    Parable Designs Ltd
    7 years ago

I think towels dry quicker on bars than hooks, especially if they're heated.

• PRO
    Thomas G. Flynn TGF ARCHITECTURE
    7 years ago

looks great

• PRO
    Geyser Radiators
    7 years ago

Towel hooks, they're neat and compact

• PRO
    Homebits
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

both towel hooks and towel bars are great. towel hooks are ideal if there is limited space on the wall, but towel rails are great and can dry a towel faster if they are heated!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.