emmelinewe

POLL: Daffodils versus daises?

Emmeline Westin
9 years ago
If you had to pick between having daffodils in your garden or daisies, which flower would you pick?

Let us know your favourite in the comments section below!
Daffodils
Daisies
I couldn't possibly choose!

Comments (23)

• Andrew Millar
    9 years ago
    daisies all day long.no stems and leaves hanging around, stopping the grass from being cut.
  • Average Jo
    9 years ago
    bellis perennis. no contest.
  • Tim Price
    9 years ago
    Daffs - has to be daffs. When they are all out together they are a riot of yellow so early in Spring.
    Actually, they don't grow where I live now (tropics). I hope to be back to UK in a couple of years so then I can have some daffs again. You miss the ones you can't have the most.
  • soozmacrae
    9 years ago
    Daisies are so versatile. Daffs are wonderful too, but its the green leaves that you have to leave forever after the flowers are long gone that annoys me.
  • helen2305
    9 years ago
    Definitely Daffodils - but that might be because I am Welsh.
  • stephboyle
    8 years ago
    Having worn daffodil yellow school shirts for 5years I'm still scarred 20 something years on, its got to be daisies for moi!
  • kizmit27
    8 years ago
    Daisies are intrusive. If you don't want anything else but them, they are great. But if you are putting it in a planned landscape, they will take over the garden.
  • sh_iranpoor
    8 years ago

is very beuteful

• Tim Price
    8 years ago

Daffs mean Spring has arrived. A symbol of warmer days on the way.

• Najeebah
    8 years ago
    not really a flower person, but daffodils more than daisies. I particularly like the Wordsworth's poem
  • Jane Bateman
    8 years ago

Don't really like Daffodils, so picked Daisies, which I don't really like much either.

Spring=Snowdrops.

• User
    8 years ago

"I wandered slowly in a cloud,

Tripped in a hole, I wasn't proud

But saw, when I put my cigarette out

A host of golden daffodils."

Written by no one ever, but might have been.

• User
    8 years ago

I like, and grow, both. Daisies are good colour in the winter, and daffs in the early spring. I had white daisies at my second wedding.

• User
    8 years ago

Bump.

• milfordmaid
    8 years ago

Nóinín was on the list of names for my niece. Lovely gentle sounding name - No -neen. Irish for Daisy. They chose another name, but I still call her Nóinín as a pet name or else Lady Daisy!!

• PRO
    AG Interiors
    8 years ago

Daffodils every time - such a sunny flower - sure sign that spring is on its way .....

• PRO
    JK Gardening Services
    8 years ago

I love daffodils because they signal the start of warmer temperatures

• PRO
    Appletons
    8 years ago

Definitely Daffodils.

• PRO
    New Horizon Horticultural Services Ltd
    8 years ago

pretty pink daisies!

• Tamzin
    7 years ago

My great grandmother was named Daisy, so daisies have got to be my personal favourite! the fresh sense of summer that you feel when you see the lawn littered with the beautiful creatures! They are beautiful and so precious, with their white faces sunbathing all day. Got to be considered my favourite :)

• PRO
    User
    7 years ago

As they appear at different times I don't understand there can be a comparison, even if they do overlap. @kizmit27 you are expressing little understanding of plants. chookchook2 has explained it all for you. You put them where it suits them. There they are all beautiful.

• templeofm
    7 years ago

Why don't you mix them so that when the daffodils die off, the daisies are ready to take over.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.