eimearawalsh

Colour Scheme for new home

eimearawalsh
6 years ago
Hi all,

We are currently refurbishing a 1960s house in Dublin, Ireland and building an extension to the back and over the garage. We have done a lot of research into the layout and design of the house but now need to start making decisions and I am feeling a little overwhelmed by the choice of colours and shades.

We will have a large open plan, kitchen, living area opening out to a large back garden, the extension will have an apex roof and the back is all glass.
Once the build and refurb is complete we will have a blank canvass and we don't currently own on particular furniture which will be try to be fitting in.

Does anyone have an advise on where to start with choosing a colour scheme for the interior, should we choose a colour for the kitchen area and move on from there? We are hoping to keep a traditional look to the house and the kitchen will be shaker style but given its will be hand painted we can opt for such a wide ranges of shades and colours.

Any advise welcome.

Thanks

Eimear

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.