shelwal

2nd extension for 1930's dormer bungalow

Shelley Waldron
9 years ago
Hello, we have a 1930s bungalow which we extended to add a kitchen diner and attic conversion to about 6 years ago. We now want to add one more bedroom. We have a flat roof garage which my husband wants to keep for storage and to allow access to the back garden. We have considered building over the garage but have been advised it will require a lot of work due to structural issues to support the room and also adjustments to the existing roof on the house. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments (7)

• PRO
    JML Garden Rooms
    9 years ago
    Hi Shelwal, Garden Rooms can be a good idea. You would get your extra room and depending on what you decide on ( size/style/final use etc), most can be built under permitted development rules, so no planning permission would be required. We build ours with Structurally Insulated Panels (SIP) panels, so they are quick to erect, cheap to heat and last forever. If you would like more information, please have a look at our website http://www.jmlgardenrooms.co.uk or let me know and we can have a chat.... Kirstin @ JML Garden Rooms.
  • PRO
    JML Garden Rooms
    9 years ago
    Now thats cool!! I like it!
  • honeypoppet
    9 years ago
    :-) only downside is it costs £18000!
  • Shelley Waldron
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you both for your suggestions. We considered the garden room before but it would take up too much space. We actually saw the 'round' room as they are sold quite
    Close to us - they don't really meet our need as they are mostly used as dining rooms. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
  • vicky lee
    9 years ago
    You really need to give the plans of the property and land, maybe some photos. How big does the new bedroom need to be?
  • vicky lee
    9 years ago
    Cars don't really need to be in the garage which could be the new bedroom and the stuff that's stored there could be in a garden shed or redeployed.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.