trinarea

Parquet floor in kitchen, what pattern tile would suit behind cooker?

trinarea
9 years ago

Hi, Would REALLY appreciate some help. We're putting in a herringbone wood floor in a large kitchen in a Georgian house. The kitchen units are free standing, natural wood, old style, there'a an old Aga cooker (cream) and I'm trying to figure out what pattern tiles I should use behind Aga. I fell the herringbone is a v. busy pattern on the floor and don't want to overwhelm the room, but need tiles for back-splash. Or maybe some other option for the backsplash that's appropriate to Georgian hse. Would so appreciate any help as out of my depth. Was thinking of one of this or this or deliberately clash with something like this and then going green on the walls to flood the room with light as there's a lot of wood going on between furniture and floor.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.