tommyflan

Vote for your favourite film-inspired interior!

Tom Flanagan
9 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Houzzers, it’s award season! In celebration of the upcoming Oscars ceremony, we thought we’d throw our own awards right here on site - with a little interiors twist.
Our awards celebrate some of the most iconic sets from classic and acclaimed films over the years. We’ve nominated 8 memorable movie interiors and all you need to do is vote for your favourite film-inspired interior with a comment and you’ll be entered into our random prize draw and could be in with a chance of winning an iPad Mini, as well as a selection of Houzz goodies!
To qualify, just vote for one of the nominees below, and leave a comment stating the film you voted for. To help you along the way, we’ve put together a selection of three images per movie that will hopefully jog your memory should you have forgotten what the interiors looked like. If you disagree with our collection, feel free to comment with a film of your choice!
The competition closes at midnight on 22nd February 2015, and the winner will be notified the following week. By registering your vote and adding a comment, you are agreeing to our competition terms and conditions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dou8jgzag9nsceu/Houzz%20T%26Cs%20Oscars%20pdf..pdf?dl=0
And the Houzzcar goes to…

This competition is now closed.

Sleepless in Seattle - The Houseboat
The Lord of the Rings - The Hobbit Hole
The Great Gatsby - Gatsby's Mansion
Amélie - Amélie's Parisian Flat
Notting Hill - Hugh Grant's Flat
Breakfast at Tiffany's - Holly Golightly's Apartment
The Grand Budapest Hotel - The Hotel
Up - The Floating Home
Other - leave us a comment!

Comments (1.2k)

• hannahlw85
    9 years ago
    Loved most of them but for me the Hobbit Hole was what I loved the most, the rustic, homely look to it is stunning and something I'd be happy to have in my own home
  • zenbikes
    9 years ago
    I just love The Great Gatsby - Gatsby's Mansion
  • Mark Chamberlin
    9 years ago

I loved the "Grand Budapest Hotel"!

• Jennifer Rhymer
    9 years ago

I voted for Notting Hill - Hugh Grant's Flat

• kilmardinny
    9 years ago
    The Gatsby Mansion is just as you would imagine reading the book - wonderful!
  • hdave1980
    9 years ago
    Definitely the Hobbit Hole from The Lord of the Rings - It demonstrated genius décor in a small space, yet maintained a homely feel!
  • kelandab
    9 years ago

The Gatsby mansion gets my vote!

• Monika Suchonska
    9 years ago

Voted for UP

• nmssc1
    9 years ago
    Love the breakfast at Tiffany house.
    Small but bijou, classic and timeless.
    Nadiamitch
  • Stewart Miller
    9 years ago
    The Lord of the Rings - The Hobbit Hole
    905 Votes
  • flora1632
    9 years ago
    The Great Gatsby - Gatsby's house
  • michaelrattray
    9 years ago
    Grand Budapest Hotel
  • Tracey Kifford
    9 years ago

I voted for Notting Hill - it's my favourite film and reminds me of happy times!

• clarebeeson
    9 years ago
    I've always wanted a houseboat and Amelie's flat and the Up house are wonderful but I have to go with the Hobbit hole, my dream home :) I'm sure I'd be very happy there and so would 'my precious' kitty cat :3
  • fionalh
    9 years ago
    Breakfast at Tiffany's - so classy!
  • Lydia Houghton
    9 years ago
    The Great Gatsby - Gatsby's Mansion, (although I was rather tempted by the house boat and the Hobbit house as well)
  • Charlotte Westhead
    9 years ago
    The houseboat gets my vote...
  • Greig Spencer
    9 years ago
    Sleepless in Seattle - The Houseboat is my fav
  • Alexandra McGahey
    9 years ago

I've voted for The Great Gatsby.

• Lucy Irving
    9 years ago

I voted for The Lord of the Rings - The Hobbit Hole

• User
    9 years ago

Amélie - Amélie's Parisian Flat

• Caitlyn
    9 years ago
    Breakfast at Tiffany's. Always loved that apartment!!
  • blank blank
    9 years ago
    Lord of the Rings Hobbit Hole, so cosy
  • elo08oli10isl14
    9 years ago
    I love Amelie's Parisian flat. The deep red colours and soft materials make it so warm and inviting.
  • Jane Ramsden
    9 years ago
    I always wanted a round hobbit door!!
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Hi all, the competition is now over!

And the Houzzcar goes to... The Hobbit Hole from The Lord of the Rings! A classic and iconic interior, this cosy, earthy space is a worthy winner! The Great Gatsby and Sleepless in Seattle were close runners up in second and third place respectively.

Thanks so much to everyone for voting, we've really enjoyed all your comments, suggestions and general enthusiasm. We hope you had as much fun as we did and look out for the next one!

Our lucky winner will be contacted by email in the next few days so keep an eye out for a message from us!

As a final thought, if you loved this competition we've got two Ideabooks on the movie homes from The Holiday right here - both popular choices in our competition.

Keep Houzzing and we hope you enjoyed the actual Oscars too!

https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/fun-houzz-re-create-cameron-diazs-la-mansion-from-the-holiday-stsetivw-vs~33499467
    https://www.houzz.co.uk/magazine/fun-houzz-re-create-kate-winslets-country-cottage-from-the-holiday-stsetivw-vs~33506105
  • dpartington
    9 years ago
    This is 40 -Love, love, loooove that house
  • Caroline Pain
    9 years ago
    Sleepless in Seattle - wonderful movie, wonderful home that encapsulated both the happy family that was, the free spirit of the city and the therapy of being beside the ocean.
  • Chanette Kennedy
    9 years ago

The hobbit hole!

• mememe23
    9 years ago
    The Hobbit Hole. Amazing!
  • butterflywall
    9 years ago
    Easy - the hobbit hole wins hands down!
  • skitchener
    9 years ago
    The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) Island House in Martinique. Who doesn't love breakfast with a view?
  • Meghna Jain
    9 years ago
    Breakfast at tiffany's - elegant with character!
  • georgiamh
    9 years ago
    Holly's apartment, for sure. It's so timelessly beautiful
  • PRO
    Seasons in Colour
    9 years ago
    Absolutely positive I posted a long comment and 3 photos on this poll, now I cannot find my entry
  • Diane Conybeare-Jones
    9 years ago
    Ultimate in posh luxury
  • Anita Tricker
    9 years ago
    Breakfast at Tiffanys, love the cat!
  • Anita Tricker
    9 years ago
    Brew
  • Ylva Støver
    9 years ago
    The Hobbit Hole!
  • Ylva Støver
    9 years ago
    The Hobbit Hole!
  • PRO
    User
    8 years ago
    It was my first taste of London and now its a place I visit often and have end lived for a short while in a similar home.
  • Jane
    8 years ago
    The NewYork apartment in the movie 'Down With Love' is my personal favourite. Sunken, circular longe, lofty spiralling staircase and that view! I'd change up the colour scheme, a bit too pink for my tastes. Or even it out by spending time at the equally stunning, James Bond-esque bachelor pad, with its wood tones and blue velvet goodness. Oh yes!
  • PRO
    ROOM4STYLE - Inspired Interiors
    8 years ago

For me it's the house boat! Being on or near water can be so peaceful and romantic and there's always a feeling of extra space and fresh air, being close to nature. The colour palette changes daily with the changing weather and season, and even if it's rough outside, it gives a feeling of calm inside. I'd love to live there!

• PRO
    Metalworkslondon
    8 years ago

I love the simplicity!

• PRO
    Purnell Construction Ltd.
    8 years ago

Architecture at its best....

• hannahlig
    8 years ago

Up the floating home because I like its quirkiness

• shellyleather
    8 years ago
    I vote for the house in Nanny McPhee, such sumptuous colours. What a brilliant house to live in for kids.
  • flora1632
    8 years ago

Gatsby's mansion is my favourite

• G Arnold
    8 years ago
    Notting Hill Flat for me
  • Tom Flanagan
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi everyone! If you missed out last year on the competition, make sure you enter this year's Oscar Competition right here:

https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/win-an-ipad-mini-vote-for-your-favourite-film-inspired-interior-2016-dsvw-vd~3700246?n=154

Go go go!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.