fifis

Tv/media storage solutions??

fifis
I'm looking for a tv/media storage solution to sit under my wall mounted flat screen. Ideally I want to hide cables, and store the digital box and DVD machine. Tv units are slightly bulky in depth for the neat look I want to achieve. Any ideas guys?

• charleee
    Well, your media storage can't be any less shallow than the DVD player or cable box, right? Unless you have electronic units that stand up instead of laying flat. There are many media cabinets that look more like furniture than just a unit to hold everything, I would look into these. You don't say what your style is but I'm guessing contemporary? Maybe you'll like one of these:

[houzz=
    Hudson Media Console, White Finish · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Bennett Entertainment Console · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Hudson Media Console · More Info
    ]
  • fifis
    Thanks a million for your response. Yes, I have a classic/contemporary feel to my apartment with soft tones of white, and black accents. Ideally, as you say, I'd like something that doesn't look very media functional, and more like a nice piece of furniture. The suggestions you make are great!
  • charleee
    Well good, I'm glad you like them. I watched a Sarah Richardson show once where they were rebuilding the wall where the tv would sit, and there was a small closet very nearby. They integrated all the wires and cables inside the wall and stored the media components in the small closet, so all you saw was the tv. It was great! Unfortunately, we don't all have the opportunity to rebuild a wall with a closet nearby so these cabinets are the best we can do.
  • fifis
    That solution sounds terrific. It is surprising how tricky it can be to safely hide, or conceal, cables and wiring around tv/media areas. Considering we spend our time glaring at this corner of the room, it can let down the aesthetic. The tv being mounted to the wall allows for the optimum height in viewing, and screen quality. So, hopefully I'll find a great solution.
    Dytecture
    Here is one example where the storage blends in with the wall while providing some accent lighting.

Royalton - A Perfect Blend of Classic and Contemporary Design · More Info
  • fifis
    The clean lines and neatness in this photo is what I'm looking for, gives me great ideas. Thanks so much.