emmelinewe

POLL: House in the sky or house on the water?

Emmeline Westin
8 years ago

If you had to choose, would you rather live up in the tree tops or would you prefer to have a home on the water?

Vote away and let us know what you picked! If you already have a houseboat or a treehouse, we'd love to see pictures.

Comments (12)

• keen bean
    8 years ago

water water water, every time - even better if it was salt water! I love the sea. Not too practical for a household with kids though. I wouldn't get a moments peace even if they were waterbabies.

• Karin Madgwick
    8 years ago
    Too old to climb the tree these days! Would have loved the tree house when I was younger
  • PRO
    Panik Design
    8 years ago

house on the water!! Amazing !! And the house in the picture looks amazing

• jackydahlhaus
    8 years ago

I just love birds, would love to wake up with birds singing around me...

• PRO
    Landscape Design by James Brunton-Smith Limited
    8 years ago
    Water gives you flexibility to move, we are the owners of a trendy touring caravan and love the ability to move when we want a new outlook!!!....just a shame it's not on the water
  • sizzlinghot
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I also adore birds having kept some for a couple of years and would love to live in the middle of an Aviary surrounded by water within a few acres. Something about water that is calming and de-stressing and makes one feel comfortable. When people go on holiday you can bet it is to be near water.

• jackydahlhaus
    8 years ago

I must be the only one that does not like being above/near water. I have lived most of my life on the sea side, so I know what I'm talking about. I find most water stinks, contains slimey and sometimes deadly stuff (although the water itself is deadly enough if you don't follow the instruction manual to the letter) and attracts mosquitos (not salt water obviously). I had my honeymoon on a tropical island and the noise of the lapping waves on the beach was driving me nuts at night! Water also doesn't give you freedom unless you have time and money to own and use a boat and how many of us can say they have both? And for most parts of the world it is too cold to go swimming. But why would you want to if you don't know what is floating around you because you can't see your own toes through the dirty water or your bathers are being dissolved by the chemicals in the water. Nope, give me a tree to live in with lots of birdies around me and I'm happy. You can take me scuba diving any time though, but that's sort of the opposite of being in a tree ;)

• southernpointofview
    8 years ago

I grew up on the coast and love a house on the water. However, i now live inland on the side of a mountain and love waking up in the tree tops! I have the most amazing views of the valley below and incredible sunsets!

• PRO
    Marr Construction
    7 years ago

nice design

• PRO
    Shaun Knight Architecture Ltd
    7 years ago

House in the sky for me, liminal space away from the everyday, with fine views.

• PRO
    NV Interiors
    7 years ago

Water every time, so peaceful and tranquil, love the sound of water whether a beach, lake or even rain !

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.